Monday, January 14, 2013

Style Interview: Abby

     The other day I realized that I hadn't done my favorite type of post, style interviews, since this summer! My dream is to be a journalist for a fashion magazine, so it's a great way for me to practice.
     Abby has been one of my close friends for a while, and she's a great person to have. I admire her style and the way she puts together outfits. Whether it's using bracelets, necklaces, rings, or scarves, she always accessorizes perfectly. I had so much fun having this photo shoot, getting coffee, and doing this this interview with her. Enjoy learning about her style!

Simply Daring: Why do you enjoy fashion?
Abby: Its a way to express yourself with out saying anything. Fashion allows you to be unique.

SD: What are some of your favorite stores?
A: They would have to be Altar'd State, Forever 21, Vintage Violet, Boden, and occasionally Dillards.

SD: Is there a particular decade or era that you think should make a comeback? 
A: I really enjoy vintage pieces in general, and I take inspiration from them. I like incorporating pieces from the past, but not making the whole outfit centered on a specific time period.

SD: How would you describe your style?
A: I think it's simple with a twist because I enjoy adding in unique pieces.

SD: Is there a certain city or place whose style you admire?
A: New Mexico- it's artsy and funky!
SD: What is your no fail outfit?
A: Something easy and simple to throw on is colored jeans, a denim shirt, and a scarf.

SD: What are some of your favorite and least favorite trends? 
A: My current favorites are infinity scarves, chevron, and skinny jeans. I'm not a fan of leggings with a shirt that shows the waistband of the leggings or super sheer shirts with a bandeau.
SD: What are your five fashion essentials?
A: I always wear my leopard leggings, rings, long necklaces, boots, and chunky-ish sweaters.

SD: What is your favorite season to dress in?
A: Definitely fall because you can layer for variety and incorporate simple pieces with funky ones. You can also still wear favorite shorts, tanks, etc. from summer on warm days.
SD: Are there any items on your wishlist at the moment?
A: I'm wanting combat boots, a cute denim jacket, and mustard colored skinny jeans.

Love,
Claire
simplydaringblog@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the interview, Abby is so pretty! Little tip though, you should make your pictures bigger so they stand out! :)
    Following you x

    join my galaxy leggings GIVEAWAY!
    http://sittingwaitingwishin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I try to reply if you have a blog because they mean so much to me. I would love if you followed me!:)