Monday, June 17, 2013

Blog-iversary

Wow! I can't believe that I uploaded my first blog post a whole year ago. Back then, I had no idea where this blog was going. Honestly, I just thought my mom and maybe two friends would read my posts. The evolution of my style and writing through the past year has been amazing, and I've loved having it documented.
I've been sort of absent lately, and I feel like you never see me beyond my fashion posts. This "anniversary" post will allow all of you beauties to see the answers to some of my most asked questions!

Are you a bottle blonde?

No! In real life and on my blog, I'm constantly asked this question. The only time I have ever fully died my hair was for Halloween in 1st grade during my Kim Possible obsession. My orange hair decided to casually stay until February and survived multiple bleachings. I did just make an exciting change to my hair that I'm going to share with you soon!

What do you do besides blogging?

I absolutely adore running, so I am on my school's cross country and track teams. It's about the only sport besides soccer that I'm coordinated enough to handle. Going to the lake, spending time with friends, loving Jesus, drinking coffee, writing, listening to music, going to school, hammocking, eating, and taking pictures pretty much takes up the rest of my time.
How would you describe your personal style?

Classic with an edge. It's really just a combination of so many things, but classic is always incorporated. You can't go wrong with timeless pieces; I'm obsessed with oxford shirts, riding boots, and cardigans. Ironically, I think having school uniforms this year has made me love it more. Unexpected or edgy items always show up in my outfits as well; right now I'm loving combat boots, studs, and bright colors.

What is your top priority?

Jesus. God is the number one thing in my life, and I can't make it through a day relying on my own strength. I'm so very far from perfect, but Jesus provides such perfect love and saving grace to cover all of my mistakes. How could He not be number one in my life? Let me know if you want to know any more!

What are you up to this summer? Will you be posting regularly?

I already had a crazy awesome experience at Wakarusa. Last Thursday I returned from spending a relaxing week at my Gramps' home on the gulf of Texas. In July, Courtney and I are going to a One Direction concert that has only been planned since last March, I have camp for a week, and my aunt is getting married.
My plan is to post at least once or twice a week this summer. I've been brainstorming some ideas for posts that I think you will all enjoy. Expect some good DIY's!

What music do you listen to?

I adore music so I'll pretty much listen to anything you put on with the exception of most country and some rap. My favorites are the xx, Lana Del Ray, Of Monsters and Men, Mumford and Sons, Rend Collective Experiment, The Black Keys, Ed Sheeran, Two Door Cinema Club, Florence and the Machines, Imagine Dragons, Birdy, and Andrew Belle. If it interests anybody, I was thinking about doing a post about my music taste this summer.

Hopefully you continue to read my blog and enjoyed learning more about me. I don't think you understand how much I appreciate each page view and comment from you! I can't thank you enough! Feel free to ask any more questions!

Love,
CLAIRE
simplydaringblog@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I try to reply if you have a blog because they mean so much to me. I would love if you followed me!:)