Monday, December 31, 2012

Twenty-Twelve

It's crazy to think that at midnight it will be a new year! This may sound cliche, but 2012 seemed to fly by. I feel like since I was so busy, the year went by when I blinked. I started the blog in late May, and I've loved posting and reading sweet comments so much! I truly am thankful for everyone who checks and follows my blog. Here is a brief review of 2012:

Most Popular Posts:

1. Sequins and Lace Pockets -- This was hands down the most viewed blog post! It featured an outfit and a DIY for adding lace pockets to denim shorts. 

2. Just Feeding Horses -- These pictures were definitely some of my favorites! I loved taking pictures with Courtney's neighbors horses. At first I was nervous because they're so huge, but as soon as I got used to feeding them grass out of my hand I was smiling.

3. First Post -- As you can tell by the title, this was my first post. I told about myself and what the blog would be about. Also, I introduced and explained my style. Even 6 months later, my style has already evolved. Then, I would have never thought about wearing an edgy piece!

4. DIY Tank -- This is another DIY! It shows how to turn a huge, old t-shirt into a cute tank! These are perfect for summer and working out!

5. Fall/ Winter Wish List -- Almost every season I make a list of pieces that I'm wanting to add to my wardrobe. I decided to make a post out of my fall/ winter list this year. Since it was enjoyed, I'm going to make one for spring and summer this year!

Accomplishments this Year: 2012 was a big year for me! Many things happened, and I've told about some of them, but I want to do a recap.
- I was baptized! This might be my favorite.  I have been a Christian for years, but this is the year I have really felt closeness to God. Now, I try to make Him my top priority. I'm so glad that I took this leap of faith in June! To make it even sweeter, my dad baptized me on Father's Day.
-  I switched schools at the start of this year. This was a huge decision for me to make. I left the public school where all of my friends went to go to a small, academic-based school. I'm currently loving my time and the push to be better that comes from going there! I have made new friends while keeping my old ones and kept my all A academic record.
- My first cross country and track seasons were this year! I love running, and I was finally old enough to join my school teams this year. I had so much fun running the 800m and the 4 by 800m relay in track. However, I loved the 2 mile and 5k races in cross country even more. I can't wait for next year!
- Starting this blog was a huge accomplishment for me this year! In the past I've loved spending time putting together outfits, reading blogs, and studying fashion magazines. It was a dream for me to make this. I didn't think that anyone besides my friends and family would read it, so I was astonished when I saw views from so many different countries!
- I've had so much more happiness this year. Through all that I do, I feel more fulfilled than I have in the past. I owe it to God and to doing things that I enjoy. I love running and blogging. Having an open mind towards things helps me enjoy the little beauties in life. 

I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store! Comment what your New Years Resolutions are! I've been having a tough time coming up with mine. My main ones are drinking more water and blogging more consistently. Follow on Facebook, Instagram (@simplydaring), Blog Lovin, and Lookbook!

Have a Happy New Year!
CLAIRE
simplydaringblog@gmail.com


4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog today! It's so cute! I'm deff going to follow!!!
    Check out mine sometime?!
    Happy New Year!

    xo, Lizz
    www.GirlMeetsFashion.com

    GirlMeetsFashion YouTube Channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog!! Happy new year! My favorite post is the preppy one below this, those boots are so gorgeous! I'm definitely following you!
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! Happy New Year to you! Thank you for visiting my blog!

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I try to reply if you have a blog because they mean so much to me. I would love if you followed me!:)