Most Popular Posts:
1. Sequins and Lace Pockets -- This was hands down the most viewed blog post! It featured an outfit and a DIY for adding lace pockets to denim shorts.
2. Just Feeding Horses -- These pictures were definitely some of my favorites! I loved taking pictures with Courtney's neighbors horses. At first I was nervous because they're so huge, but as soon as I got used to feeding them grass out of my hand I was smiling.
3. First Post -- As you can tell by the title, this was my first post. I told about myself and what the blog would be about. Also, I introduced and explained my style. Even 6 months later, my style has already evolved. Then, I would have never thought about wearing an edgy piece!
4. DIY Tank -- This is another DIY! It shows how to turn a huge, old t-shirt into a cute tank! These are perfect for summer and working out!
5. Fall/ Winter Wish List -- Almost every season I make a list of pieces that I'm wanting to add to my wardrobe. I decided to make a post out of my fall/ winter list this year. Since it was enjoyed, I'm going to make one for spring and summer this year!
Accomplishments this Year: 2012 was a big year for me! Many things happened, and I've told about some of them, but I want to do a recap.
- I was baptized! This might be my favorite. I have been a Christian for years, but this is the year I have really felt closeness to God. Now, I try to make Him my top priority. I'm so glad that I took this leap of faith in June! To make it even sweeter, my dad baptized me on Father's Day.
- I switched schools at the start of this year. This was a huge decision for me to make. I left the public school where all of my friends went to go to a small, academic-based school. I'm currently loving my time and the push to be better that comes from going there! I have made new friends while keeping my old ones and kept my all A academic record.
- My first cross country and track seasons were this year! I love running, and I was finally old enough to join my school teams this year. I had so much fun running the 800m and the 4 by 800m relay in track. However, I loved the 2 mile and 5k races in cross country even more. I can't wait for next year!
- Starting this blog was a huge accomplishment for me this year! In the past I've loved spending time putting together outfits, reading blogs, and studying fashion magazines. It was a dream for me to make this. I didn't think that anyone besides my friends and family would read it, so I was astonished when I saw views from so many different countries!
- I've had so much more happiness this year. Through all that I do, I feel more fulfilled than I have in the past. I owe it to God and to doing things that I enjoy. I love running and blogging. Having an open mind towards things helps me enjoy the little beauties in life.
I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store! Comment what your New Years Resolutions are! I've been having a tough time coming up with mine. My main ones are drinking more water and blogging more consistently. Follow on Facebook, Instagram (@simplydaring), Blog Lovin, and Lookbook!
Have a Happy New Year!